Growtheatre is a theatre company with a difference, we develop theatre and creative projects inspired by our environment and landscape, bringing about a greater sense of community and belonging.
We are looking for a reliable, self-motivated, creative volunteer who enjoys being outdoors and wants to gain experience facilitating drama and theatre workshops for children and teenagers.
- Enjoys working with children and young people is essential
- Experience of or a background in the performing arts is desirable.
Growtheatre Youth Theatre - Ecclesall Woods
The youth theatre meets on Thursday evenings in term time and we are looking for someone to volunteer from September. This person will be supported, trained and encouraged to develop their skills as a drama facilitator and director. They will need to enjoy working with children, stay calm and be positive!
There are 3 groups:
5.00 - 6.00 PM children in Years 3,4 and 5 (7 - 10 years)
6.05 - 7.35 PM children in Years 6, 7 and 8 (9 - 13 years)
7.40 - 9.10 PM young people in Y9 and up (13 years plus)
We currently have two volunteers who work with all our Intermediate and Seniors so we are recruiting for a volunteer for our Junior group with the opportunity sometimes to work with our other two.
For more information see: http://www.growtheatre.org.uk/youth-theatre
As a volunteer with Growtheatre, you can expect:
- DBS and insurance covered.
- Travel expenses paid or help getting to and from a place (where possible).
- Subsistence money if volunteering for a full day.
- Training in safeguarding, working with children, drama and outdoor skills.
- To gain experience in delivering drama and outdoor skills to children.
- To gain experience in working on outdoor theatre & site-specific work.
- To work alongside a professional team.
- To develop strong teamwork, leadership, facilitation and time-management skills.
- Ongoing support and training.
- Working with a company who want to give volunteers as many opportunities as possible to thrive and develop - as volunteering is a two way street!
If this is of interest, please get in touch with Paige at email@example.com.